Who We Are
Project Genesis is the data controller. This means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you and for ensuring it is processed in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This regulation requires that the personal information we hold about you must be:
* Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
* Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way incompatible with those purposes.
* Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
* Accurate and kept up to date.
* We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
* Kept securely.
Ponds Court Business Park,
Why do we collect your personal data
We may collect and process your personal data for several reasons. These reasons may include:
* So that we may comply with any legal obligation we have.
* To comply with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract with you.
* The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below), or
* Where you have consented to the processing.
This includes, but is not limited to, the information you provide:
* When you contact us in person, on our website, over the telephone, by e-mail or by post.
* At the time of entering into a contract with us.
* Personal information we collect automatically – we use CCTV on various sites for security purposes.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal information.
We take your privacy seriously and will never disclose or share your personal data without your knowledge unless we are required to do so by law. We only retain data for as long as necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Unless we notify you, we will not process your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), as it is currently defined.
Detailed below are examples of when we would collect, process and in some cases share, your personal information:
* To ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
* When responding to your enquiries.
* Providing care and support to you both during and after the sales process.
* To carry out any contractual obligations.
* Complying with our legal obligations to you and third parties.
* Facilitating our internal record keeping and auditing.
The legal basis we rely on for processing your personal information
Data protection law sets out several conditions which organisations can rely on to lawfully handle personal information. The reasons we rely on for processing are as follows:
The law permits us to handle your personal information where processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless, there is a good reason to protect your personal data that overrides this legitimate interest. Many of the purposes for handling your personal information fall into this category as they are essential for the efficient operation of our business including:
* Handling customer contacts, queries or disputes.
* Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Where processing of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you or because you have asked us to take specific steps prior to entering into the contract.
Where you have consented to us contacting you in response to your enquiry. You are free to withdraw consent at any time.
Who we share your personal information with
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
We will only share personal information with carefully selected third parties who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you, these persons/organisations may only use this information to provide such product or service and for no other purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent unless we are satisfied that they are legally entitled to access.
How long we will keep your data
We will only ever retain your personal information for as long as is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is obtained, and we have retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We will also keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve complaints or to enforce our rights. We will review the information we require on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time required.
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Those members of staff processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal information. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communication and limit the processing of your information. See our Privacy Controls page and our Data Request page.
As well as our obligations, and commitment, to respect the privacy of your information, you also have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. These rights are outlined below. None of these is absolute and is subject to various exceptions and limitations. You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights), however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details listed.
In summary, you have the right to:
* Request Access to the personal information we hold about you.
* Request Correction of the personal information we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
* Request Erasure of the personal information we hold about you when it is no longer required for a legitimate business need, legal or regulatory obligations or for the purposes it was collected for.
* Object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your information for direct marketing purposes.
* Request the restriction of processing of your personal information whilst we resolve any complaints you have about the way your data is used, require it for a legal claim or if you think our processing is unlawful but you do not want it deleting.
* Request a copy of your personal data (Data Portability) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request we transmit this information directly to another controller.
* Withdraw consent in any circumstances where you may have provided your consent for the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
Privacy Controls page.
Data Request page.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights listed above, or if you have any concerns about how we handle your personal information please contact us using the following method:
Writing to us at: Project Genesis, Steel House, Ponds Court Business Park, Consett, County Durham, DH8 5XP.
Lodging a Complaint
If you are not happy with this notice, believe we have processed your data in an unfair or unjust way or are non-compliant with the relevant data protection laws and you wish to raise a complaint, please contact us and we will carefully consider your complaint and respond to you. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office):
* Post: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
* Telephone: 0303 123 1113.